Tuesday, September 16, 2008

 

There's only one Mom

Andy Abramson é, como eu sou, um viciado em tecnologia. Publica um blog, é CEO de uma agência de propaganda e um apreciador de vinhos.

Hoje ele publicou um artigo no blog que me fez lembrar um pouco as razões do término do meu relacionamento. Ele tem a sorte de ter uma esposa que está ao seu lado... Eu? Eu estou bem, obrigado!

A few weeks ago, I had what I thought may have been the final talk with Mom. It may have been the hardest talk I ever had to make. I let her know she had raised a good son. One who was successful and respected. That the opportunities she and my late father gave me when I was younger have all borne fruit. I left feeling that at least she knew from my own mouth how much I had appreciated her and thankful I was. I honestly thought as I boarded a plane back to California that it may have been my last time seeing her.

But she rallied. My wife has been enormously helpful in helping mom and sharing the burden with me, so the business which as she says "pays for all this" can remain my focus.

It's great to have family that is supportive. Thank you for being supportive too.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?